Design-based wheel identification. Basic system with a camera for the identification of the wheel type through design measurement.
Application in the wheel and rim production (cast or forged wheels)
DesignSweeper is effectively used in wheel production in almost all production phases – from the casting to the packaging, e.g.:
- After casting and before punching the center hole to identify the wheel type and select the correct punch and tool.
- Before x-raying to identify the wheel type and select the correct x-ray program.
- Before machining (drilling, turning). Identification of the wheel type and determination of the valve hole position for the correct positioning in the machining facilities.
- Before the unbalance test, identification and determination of the valve hole position for the unbalance control.
- Before the inline measurement for the selection.
- Before brushing to identify the wheel type and position the brushes.
- Before the helium leakage test to identify the wheel type and guide the robot to insert the plug into the valve hole.
- Before the varnishing, identification of the wheel type, controlling the varnishing program and guiding of the robot for the closing and covering of the screw holes (e.g. caps or balls).
- Before packaging, identification of the wheel type to avoid incorrect packaging.
- Inside the drilling machine for valve-hole drilling (position finding).
In order to perform these and other tasks, often more functions are to be executed in addition to design identification:
- Measurement of the wheel width (rim width) using a laser-light grid in order to distinguish wheels with an identical design. Measurement Accuracy: +/- 1/2 “.
- Tactile measurement of the rim offset using a mechanical caliper and length measuring system in order to distinguish wheels with an identical design: Measurement accuracy: ± 1mm.
- Rim width measurement with forged wheels by means of laser light.
- Identification by code (data matrix, bar code).
- Reading the code in the drop center, bar code or plain writing. In comparison with spot-triangulation sensors, high recognition reliability due to wide scanning area and good resolution in depth.
- Cap position control using 3D methods.